Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 7 posts ] 

Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:25 pm

I notice with my cyber commander, there is a power symbol next to the left stick but haven't figured a way to power off the CC. It has been frustrating to say the least because I go through batteries quickly and haven't really used it a whole lot. I Purchased the CC new back in April of 2016.

Top Top

#

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:37 am

Site Admin

Push and hold the left joystick for ~2 seconds. The lights will fire once, then the screen will go dark.

Also, are the screen brightness and time out still set to the defaults?

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Sorry for the delay,

I have tried that and it doesnt respond to my inputs (in terms of holding the left stick down.)

I havent checked the settings for timing out, will check that out when I get home tonight.

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Site Admin

Make sure you are pushing in and not down. So, like a test fire, but a longer hold.

Top Top

#

Wed May 10, 2017 12:37 pm

So I did this, and it does appear to turn off. The issue is, soon as I put it in my lighting bag, if any button is slightly touched it wakes up..

This seems like a huge flaw and drains my batteries quickly. Wish there was a way for it to only be turned on with the same method that it takes to turn off...

Top Top

#

Wed May 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Site Admin

Glad to hear the unit is working as designed.

Paul's philosophy was to have it immediately accessible (or as close as possible) to changes, rather than having to wait for it to come on.

Top Top

#

Wed May 10, 2017 5:23 pm

Technical Support wrote:
Glad to hear the unit is working as designed.

Paul's philosophy was to have it immediately accessible (or as close as possible) to changes, rather than having to wait for it to come on.

From the users experience, this is a flawed design. I don't mind waiting for a second to turn on and save battery life then having to replace batteries every month when I only use it a couple times every month.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 7 posts ]