Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:58 pm

I have an edgertronic high speed camera. It can tolerate a reasonable range of DC voltages (10v - 18v). Currently I am using my Vagabond Mini to create 110v A/C only to convert it back to something around 12v DC. Can I instead connect the VMB8.8A Lithium Battery directly to the camera? I am not worried about hurting the camera - just the battery pack.

Also, I am looking at buying the Genaray MonoBright. It can accept 12v - 19v. Can I connect such an LED lighting sytem directly to the VMB8.8A Lithium Battery without hurting the battery?

I am trying to get maximum run time so I would like to avoid the energy loss in the DC to AC converter followed by an AC to DC converter.

Thanks,

Todd

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:42 am

Site Admin

If you can provide a cable that fits the battery to the light, then that should not be a problem with that specific light, though we cannot make any guarantees of suitability.

As for the camera, it is hard to say, as I am not familiar with those cameras to know what kind of power they draw. Voltage may be fine, but they may pull too much Amperage.

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:29 pm

The light may draw too much current - it is 100W at full intensity. The camera draws around 2 amps.

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:37 pm

Site Admin

The VML can provide 120W, so the light would be OK if it only drew 100W.

The camera draws 2A, but at what Voltage? At 12V and 2A, is 24W. But, 120V at 2A is 240W.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]