Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:42 am

Hi, tried searching forum no joy.

Having some trouble with my cybercommander. Often it will not trigger the CSRB+ and the CSR+; I recently upgraded to CSR+ as I thought perhaps the B+ were not reliable. Same problem. Unfortunately all I have is no firing even if i start all over with everything off then back on.

Biggest problem is the CyberCommander restarts and resets all lights when I try to meter in the "all" setting. At the point where I switch to my backup triggers and manually meter and set as it is faster. Which defeats the purpose!

I am on firmware 50, cannot find anything newer and the commander is less than a year old. Any one else experience?

Thanks

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:32 pm

Site Admin

First, make sure your lights are set to full power via the power slider on the back of the light. Also, make sure all power supplies are grounded. For the purposes of testing, remove any power strips or extension cords.

Also, make sure your lights are defined in the Cyber Commander. You will want a vertical blue gray bar for each channel that has a light.

Once this is verified, and you have plugged everything in and turned them on, try firing from the ALL channel setting. Also, the first button press from sleep wakes the commander. The second button press is ignored to avoid inadvertent commands. The third should fire the lights. Once the lights are fired in ALL, they should fire individually.

If the system is still not functioning as expected, you should probably call us for real time trouble shooting. You will want your equipment present and set up.

Top Top

#

Mon May 01, 2017 11:53 am

OK getting rid of the ext cords helped some.

Newest issue cannot control the Einstein with the CyberSync transceiver. Commander will not adjust but will fire as will cybersync transmitter. Is it possible the transceiver is bad or the commander? Commander as defined below intermittently misbehaves.

I went through and cleared all the lights and re entered no joy.

Top Top

#

Mon May 01, 2017 2:13 pm

Site Admin

At this point, the best bet is to call us and let us talk in real time to trouble shoot. Pretty much anyone in customer service will be able to assist.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]