Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:17 am

Hi, does anyone know of a modification to an Alien Bee so I can add a handle and perhaps a strap to sling over my shoulder. This is for Real Estate Photography work where I need to hold up the flash to pop a shot to go with some bracketed one. I have the Vagabond batter and cable in a back pack for know. Putting the Vagabond in a holster of some sort might be better. Just looking for ideas to streamline my shooting. Thank you.

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:49 pm

Site Admin

Are you wanting a handle on the back to manipulate the light while on a stand, or a handle to hold the light while in use?

Also, I must reiterate we warn against the use of a Vagbond Mini (or any other Vagabond) while enclosed in a bag or case. It must have airflow to properly and safely operate.

Top Top

#

Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:43 am

I found the strap to the Vagabond, so that will rest on shoulder. What I want with the Alien Bee is to hold the light up by hand to bounce off the ceiling and have that rest across my shoulder as well when not on the stand. This is for Real Estate Photography so it would speed things up. I was thinking of something that could attach to the 5/8 stud on the light.

Top Top

#

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:43 am

Site Admin

There are pistol grips available for a variety of photo (and other) applications. Here is a link showing a list of options to choose from or be inspired by:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... FOR+CAMERA

Add a 5/8 spigot with a 1/4-20 female thread, and the light will sit atop that: https://www.amazon.com/Stud-Thread-Ligh ... 5%2F8+stud

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]