Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:14 pm

Hello All...
This is a long/detailed post so that I can paint a clear picture of my issue

I am new to studio lighting but I'm loving the results however I am getting there the hard way (I think) because of an error I believe I made when I setup my lights. I have 3 800's 2 of which have a CSRB+ and I have a Cyber Commander and I'm shooting with a Nikon D700. I just picked up the 3rd 800 and have not set it up yet so it's not an issue at the point. My issue is this....

All 16 channels are lit up and I don't know why. If I move from light #1 to #2 or back, the monitor scrolls through all of them & I don't think that's normal. I did not see it in the manual but is there a way to result the commander as if I just got it so that I can set it up again, going step-by-step?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Dallas PA

Top Top

#

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Site Admin

If you go back and do an "Open from studio" procedure, that will start anew, alternatively you can spec each/all channels to "None" instead of "Alien Bees", "White Lightning", "Zeus" or "Other" . If by "scroll through all of them" you mean the red outlines, that is normal. All channels will be displayed whether they are used or not. Only the channels picked up by the CC during the open from sequence should have a green dash. If you select the "all" channel during the spec light sequence, all channels will have a green dash at the bottom. This should not have an adverse affect on performance, but may be confusing.

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:57 pm

Not to highjack, the topic but is there a set of instructions for setting up E640 and CC?
I read some place that the CC was suppose to automatically recognize the E640 in the CC menu during setup. I do not have E640 or Einstein listed on the CC during setup.

I do have the remote installed ccxr (spelling)....installed in the Einstein. I have it setup currently using an AB1600 setting.
Thanks

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:44 pm

Site Admin

I have added a sticky about this.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]