Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 11 posts ] 

Sat May 01, 2010 10:07 pm

Greetings,
I was just beginning my setup for a second schoot with my new B400 & B800, with Cyber Commander and (2) CSRB+'s. I had everything setup as I did on the first shoot only days earlier (which went without a hitch), but as I was attaching the CC to my camera I noticed the memory card slipping out. I simply pushed it back in all the way and all of a sudden the CC went 'haywire'.

All of a sudden multiple lights were showing up in groups hat didn't exist. I had only ever setup lights 1 & 2 on GRP1, CH1 & 2, and now all these additional greenbars were showing up for other lights that didn't exist. No matter what I do now, I can't get them to go away, nor can I get my two lights operating as they were before this happened. I have tried using the CC advanced configuration to go back to factory configurations, have used the SD utilities to reformat the card, and tried reopening the lights fro 'Studio'... the additional lights are still showing up.

Any ideas?? Is something wrong with the CC?

Thanks,
Frank

Top Top

#

Sat May 01, 2010 10:26 pm

Are you 100% sure that the channel numbers on the CSRB's weren't inadvertently changed?

Top Top

Website

#

Sat May 01, 2010 10:47 pm

It may be that you have an corrupted SD card. Strange things were happening to mine, to include the settings would not hold whenever I changed the batteries. I purchased a new name brand SD and no further issues...

Top Top

#

Sat May 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Site Admin

it does sound like a corrupted card. You may try to redownload the firmware and reinstall, using a new or reformatted card. (even if you already have FW 29 installed).

Top Top

#

Sun May 02, 2010 9:19 am

Thanks all... I will try the new SD card. I love the unit... just wish that SD card slot was a more secure slot. A couple of times I have looked at the side of the CC to find the card almost coming out.

I'll let you know if the new card/ firmware doesn't resolve the issue.

BigIron: I double-checked the channels on the CSRB's and they are still 1, 2. No changes there.

Thanks,
Frank

Top Top

#

Tue May 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Just want to check on something said above.

=====
It does sound like a corrupted card. You may try to redownload the firmware and reinstall, using a new or reformatted card. (even if you already have FW 29 installed).
==
Once I download and install FW 29, do I need to keep that micro SD card in the CC or can I use a different card?
thanks
Jim Escalante

Top Top

#

Tue May 04, 2010 4:07 pm

Site Admin

If your unit shipped with v.22 or v.27, i would recommend not using that card, as deep seated issues could arise. If you used a new card for the download, you can continue to use it without worry.

Top Top

#

Tue May 04, 2010 4:46 pm

How do I check the FW version on the unit? I just got the unit two weeks ago, so not familiar enough with it yet.

Top Top

#

Tue May 04, 2010 5:03 pm

Site Admin

If it was two weeks ago, youshould have v.29. Also, if "refresh" is in the lower right, it is v.29. However, removing and reinstalling the battery will tell you.

Top Top

#

Tue May 04, 2010 6:15 pm

so, it IS v.29... should I still try getting a new card, installing the firmware on that, and putting it into the unit?

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 11 posts ]