Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:18 pm

is anyone using the cybercommander on top of a pocketwizard miniTT1? is this the ideal way to trigger AB/Einstein and speedlights? considering i already have a bag of PWs.

Top Top

#

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:55 am

I too am interest in this stup. I currently have an ABR800 and a couple of 580EX that I control via PocketWizard FlexTT5s - the set up works great for the speedlights and works as a basic trigger for the ABR800 when is not used on camera (i use a PC cable in that case).

I am strongly considering the purchase ot one or two Einstein, and at that point having a cyber commander controlling them and the ABR800 as well as the PW running the speedlights would be ideal... Would love to hear from anyone that tried it!

Stefano

Top Top

Website

#

Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:49 am

Site Admin

We have not tested the Flex/Mini remotes, so i cannot say for sure if it would work as on ewould logically think. However, worstcase, you can connect a CST or CC into the PW's as if they were regular flashes. an accessory cable, which we sell, would be needed in that case. I will see if we can get a more definative answer soon.

TS

Top Top

#

Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:33 pm

thanks, Technical Support, these days it's compatibility issues that are the curse of technology.
most everything i have works just fine when playing alone.

Top Top

#

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:32 am

Thanks for the quick reply! I am truly looking forward to try this out as soon as the Einsteins become available!

Stefano

Top Top

Website

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]