Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 12 posts ] 

Sat May 15, 2010 10:05 pm

Just got my Einsteins and can't use my light meter...except within a couple of feet from the unit. I tried to move Pocket wizard about 6 ft away as well. Frustrating.

Also...I tried one out with Vagabond today and it started strobbing by itself..off again on again. No rhyme or reason to it. Anyone experience this? I'm using Pocket Wizards and Canon 5DMII.

Top Top

#

Mon May 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Site Admin

As for the Pocket Wizard, yes, there is a significant reduction in range. We are working with LPA (Pocket Wizard) to find a solution. A longer sync cord (8-10') to seperate the light from the receiver will help.

As for strobing with the Vagabond. Was this indoors or outdoors? If outdoors, was the slave eye disengaged? If it was not disengaged, direct sun can trigger the light.

Top Top

#

Tue May 18, 2010 3:41 pm

Technical Support wrote:
As for the Pocket Wizard, yes, there is a significant reduction in range. We are working with LPA (Pocket Wizard) to find a solution. A longer sync cord (8-10') to seperate the light from the receiver will help.

As for strobing with the Vagabond. Was this indoors or outdoors? If outdoors, was the slave eye disengaged? If it was not disengaged, direct sun can trigger the light.

The slave eye shouldn't be engaged when a Pocket Wizard is plugged into the Einstein should it? I know the slave eye is disabled on White Lightnings when a PW is plugged in. Therefore, the sun should play no part in this equation.

- Wil

Top Top

#

Tue May 18, 2010 3:52 pm

Site Admin

The slave eye does not lock out via the sync jack on Einstein. one would need to disable the slave eye via menu option.

Top Top

#

Tue May 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Technical Support wrote:
The slave eye does not lock out via the sync jack on Einstein. one would need to disable the slave eye via menu option.

Wow! That's different. Good to know.

- Wil

Top Top

#

Tue May 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Wil_Bloodworth wrote:
Technical Support wrote:

Wow! That's different. Good to know.

- Wil

Yeah had issue with slave in the sun too I guess I have to disable it.

Top Top

#

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:04 am

What is the name of the sync cord I need to buy to make
my PocketWizard Plus IIs work with my Einsteins and where
can I buy one?

Also, have the problems with Einsteins and Pocket Wizards
working together been solved?

Thanks.

Top Top

#

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:35 am

Site Admin

You will need a mini mono phone to mini mono phone, non-attenuated cable. We have these for sale, as do many well stocked photo stores. They ae available at Radio Shack, but the smallest is 6'. Shorter ones from Radio Shack do not meet the above criteria.

We have a solution in the works, but it may still be a while before it can be put into production. As always, anyone that has an issue will be taken care of as quickly as possible.

Full discusiion can be found here:http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/909264/0#lastmessage

Top Top

#

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Would it be possible to provide a link to the mini
mono phone to mini mono phone, non-attenuated cable?

I looked here and couldn't tell which one you were
talking about.

http://www.alienbees.com/cords.html

Thanks

Top Top

#

Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Site Admin

We do not have a direct link to that product only, but that is the right page. Middle column, third row is part number "CSSC", that is the one you want to use.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 12 posts ]