Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:32 am

Are they rebranded, or PCB designed/built? Just wondering to get an idea of the level of quality. What do people think of them, compared to like, Manfrotto or Impact?

Top Top

#

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:27 pm

Unfortunately they're the weak point in the lineup. They're very flimsy, even the "heavy duty" stands. I had one break and fall over with just and AB with a beauty dish on it 20 minutes before a model showed up. I threw the other one away.

Top Top

#

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:47 pm

What about the 13' air-cushioned ones? Those were the ones I was thinking about, and then one of the background stands. These would have studio strobes mounted on them.

Top Top

#

Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:45 pm

geogecko wrote:
What about the 13' air-cushioned ones?

I have 3 of those which had a sticker labeled 'Lightgear USA' and they do their job but compared to the photoflex stands (which double for holding backdrops) you can feel the difference in quality just by touching each stand. When I think 'Heavy Duty' I think strong metal and heavy which I know photoflex/manfrotto have but the PCB stands will do the job for most users, they're also lighter which can be a plus for some of us location users.

Top Top

Website

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]