Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Fri May 21, 2010 8:52 pm

Guys, what's the deal with the backorders on umbrellas?
How many months has it been now?

Top Top

#

Mon May 24, 2010 10:56 am

Site Admin

Some standard umbrellas are shipping for back orders now, more should be available soon.

PLM's are getting very close as wel. The redesign took longer than expected to get right. Language barriers, cultral, economic and likely educational differenced were stacked against us. The vendors are being pushed hard to get them done and done right.

Top Top

#

Thu May 27, 2010 2:07 pm

So if I were to place an order for a B800, lightstand and a PLM, now, the wait for the PLM would be a few weeks?

(My birthday is in July and I'd really like to get it by then.)

Top Top

#

Thu May 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Site Admin

Standard umbrellas are shipping, PLM's will be a while still. Below is a post from Paul made late last night in another thread.

Big shortage of the very special silver fabric all over Chine. We ordered $50,000 worth a month ago and it's due in on June 10. Then we can start cranking them out. Designs are pretty much finalized and ready. V2 is really working well. The 7mm shafts are adjustable so they don't poke out the back of the light. Front diffusers fit well and stay on. I'll try to get some pictures up ASAP. Luap is an extremely busy guy these days.
(viewtopic.php?f=8&t=444&start=20)

Please keep in mind there are many back orders that will be filled before any new orders will be filled.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]