Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Sat May 22, 2010 11:56 am

Luap,

I seem to have an issue with getting my new lighting control system to work. I have three AB800's (2 units that are several years old and 1 brand new unit) Up to now I have been using an off brand R.F. trigger system to fire one strobe and using the slave function to fire the other, with no problems. I decided to add a third AB 800 unit for some additional capabilities and at the same time upgrade my lighting controls. I really like the CC and the CSRB+ units plus the fact that they are made in the USA made it a no brainer for me. (I have an EE and Mfg background myself). so I purchased 1 CC and 3 CSRB+ units. Tried setting it up in my studio, (a converted garage) and discovered that the CSRB+ units don't like to play nice when the AB 800's are plugged into a GFCI wall circuit. Some very strange things are happening when I connect the CSRB+ units to the AB 800's, which are plugged into a GFCI A.C. wall circuit. The AB 800's are also exhibiting some strange behavior with the CSRB+ units connected to them in this configuration. (A long list, topped off with them not firing). (I checked the CSRB+ units and they are all seeing the command signals). (I understand that the AB's are analog and the CSRB+ and CC are digital). When I disconnect the CSRB+ units everything works fine. I am assuming that there has to be a trigger level issue here, when the CSRB+ units take over control of the AB 800's. Do you have a viable way around these issues? I would really like to implement the CC and CSRB+ control system in my studio.

Thanks

Matt

Top Top

#

Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 am

Site Admin

The GFCI should not, in and of itself, be an issue. However, if there are other things on that same system, they could be introducing noise on the line (TV's, A/C, refridgerators, etc.). Do the lights and remotes act OK on a non-GFCI outlet?

Please elaborate on the "long list" of odd behaviors experieced, as this may give us more insight to what is going on.

Top Top

#

Mon May 24, 2010 1:30 pm

After extensive testing with the kind help of the Paul C. Buff staff it was determined that the issues was not with the GFCI circuit. It was multiple defective units. The issue has been resolved.

Thanks for all of your help

Matt

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]