Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 82 posts ] 

Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:48 pm

JClifton wrote:

"I had been using Duracell Ultra Advanced alkalines and was getting CC reboots when using the meter function. When the CC reboots the Einsteins try to fire but they don't fire at the set strength. After the misfire I am also not able to trigger the lights with the CST Trigger Transmitter until I power cycle the Einsteins."

I had the exact same thing happen to me after I installed the update and increased screen brightness to 50%.

CC kept doing this on occasion even after I put the fresh spare AAA I carry.

This happened during a food shoot so was very inconvenient. Finally stopped using the CC all together.

Had another shoot a couple of days later and the CC only rebooted once and did not affect the lights.

Difference was I had 5 lights going for several hours during the food shoot and was using only three lights for less than an hour on the second shoot.

Guess the CC needs to go in to be looked at.

Top Top

#

Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:09 pm

This has been happening to me, only it doesn't happen when I try to meter using the right joystick, as everyone has said.
It just reboots randomly and fires all my flashes in a quick- low powered - burst.
ISO settings and SS get reset as well, although I don't lose any information about set flash lights.

I know this thread is really old, but I post in here just for people to know that today, September 2016, this issue is still happening on my CC.
I got this unit about a month ago.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 82 posts ]