Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:19 pm

I love the fact that you decided to put forums back up on the site. However, you could really be using these a *lot* more effectively.

For example, you should create new areas for AlienBees, Einstein, & White Lighting so those topics can be created, followed, and organized by those that care. It is not fun to wade though tons of topics on stuff I don't own. this way if a person has pre-sales questions or is wondering about Einstein specs, they can get it all in a single area of the forum.

Moreover I think there should be areas dedicated to the other equipment like the modifiers, CST, CC, and so on. You could even put up areas where people could trade tips and even get crits on their work. Currently, this is a train-wreck with everything jammed into one category, and it makes finding things hard.

I put about 3 minutes worth of thought into these, so I am sure you can do better. The goal is to not have 100% of the discussions for every possible piece of equipment, pre-sales, post-sales, and peer support in a single area like it is today. You can have as many as you want, and they don't cost you anything. Please consider this change, it would make using the forums a lot easier on all of us. At least break out the lighting by brand.

-sed

Top Top

Website

#

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Site Admin

We have one forum for one purpose, and that is Technical Support. Much of this brand independent. Eample: Cyber Commander operates the same on pretty much all of our lights, with the exception of Einstein, and even then there are many similarities; same with Vagabond, flash tubes, modifiers and everything else. Then there are the questions of Alien Bees vs Einstein vs Zeus vs Vagabond. Which board should they go in? Sales questions are better served directed to our Sales Department since they have a better idea of time frames and other aspects, but we do what we can here when asked. The tips and tricks section as well as a critique section are outside of our intent here. We tried that in the last forum, and it frequently turned argumentative. We do not wish to repeat that, and there are other forums designed for such.

Top Top

#

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:22 am

Just my 0.02... I like it the way it is. I don't want to have to search through a bunch of different areas to see interesting posts on different equipment. I usually briefly stop by once in the morning and once in the evening and that is enough to keep up on the threads I'm interested in. If I'm looking for specific info then I hit the search. Personally I would rather this didn't turn into a crit board - there are plenty of other sites to do that stuff.

Top Top

Website

#

Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:02 pm

Site Admin

PowerEngineer wrote:
Just my 0.02... I like it the way it is. I don't want to have to search through a bunch of different areas to see interesting posts on different equipment. I usually briefly stop by once in the morning and once in the evening and that is enough to keep up on the threads I'm interested in. If I'm looking for specific info then I hit the search. Personally I would rather this didn't turn into a crit board - there are plenty of other sites to do that stuff.

Amen . . . . that's why it was set up the way it is. I certainly don't have time to go through a bunch of categories. I click one forums, comment, and leave.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]