Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:24 pm

Hi everyone,

So, I have an elinchrom skyport transmittor and two receivers which I use with sb800 flashes. I would like to purchase Alien Bee lights and accessories, but want to know if anyone has any experience using them with the Skyports- are they compatible?

Thanks in advance!
Evan

Top Top

#

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Site Admin

We have had customers use the combo together. Really, any remote should work to fire our lights, however, I believe Elinchrom has a basic adjustment feature that is not compatible with the Paul C Buff lights.

TS

Top Top

#

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Thanks for the response, headed to a friend's house to give it a trial run this evening.

Top Top

#

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:02 pm

Yes it does work t he the Bees... I unfortunately have the Skyports. Though reliable, ya don't know for how long cause it uses an internal LION battery that is not user replaceable or as ubiquitous as the AA battery used in the Cybersync. Last thing... the Skyports power adjustment feature doesnt work with any Paul C. Buff product

Top Top

#

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:30 pm

This is true...

I use the skyports with my Nikon SB800's and have gotten a ton of usage out of the battery without charging. I wonder how much more power is used from the skyports with studio strobes in relation to the speed lights?

Either way, ABs have an optical slave don't they? So I should be able to get by using only 1 skyport receiver and if and when that runs out of battery during a shoot, replace it with the fresh charged one, right?

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]