Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:36 pm

I have the cst transmitter mounted on my canon 5d but it won't fire any strobes unless I push down on it in the shoe.This is very cumbersome while trying to steady the camera. Is there a quick fix for this....it's brand new

Top Top

#

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Site Admin

It sounds like the contact on the bottom is not reaching the contact in the hotshoe. First, make sure there is no renegade piece of plastic flash (flash being extra plastic around seams) on the bottom or side of the foot. Also, try turning the unit around in the shoe. Be sure the CST is fully inserted into the hotshoe, as a small mis-alignment can cause it not to work. If it still does not work, the unit may need to be replaced, as the contact may not be extended enough. Until your replacement comes in, you can use the included cord connected to your PC teminal of the camera. In this case, since the bottom is not making contact, you can leave it in the shoe and use the cord. As a general rule, however, you would not want to do this.

Top Top

#

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:11 pm

Hmm, turning it around seems to work consistently. If it fails I'll have to use the CC to pop them.

Top Top

#

Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Whelp I had a shoot last night. The cst fired about 60% of the time. I'm not happy with that so turning it around is not a good fix. I just placed another order.....is it possible to send a new one with that order #2127-4362-0601 and then I will return the failing one?

Top Top

#

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Site Admin

Email or call Customer service. They start on weekend orders before i get there on Mondays, plus they will be able to inform you of any applicable return/exchange policies and instructions.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]