Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:32 pm

I own two CyberSyncs CSR+ and recently one of the receivers stopped working. I've tried using different cords and flash units to isolate the problem, but I can't pinpoint it. When plugged in, the green light will flicker normally, and when the remote is tested it will turn red, but the flash won't fire. The sync cords are fine, because when I plug them into the flash unit it will fire when it starts making contact.

Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks.

Top Top

#

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Site Admin

If you are using stock cords, and the light will fire when unplugging from the receiver, then the cord is OK, and the light is OK. If the LED turns red when recieving a signal, then the transmitter is OK. This leaves the reciever, which will need to come in for repair. As of now, all CyberSync products are under warranty, so there is no charge for the repair. Please visit this link for more information on repairs: http://www.alienbees.com/contact.html#repair
or please contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-443-5542 or info@paulcbuff.com

TS

Top Top

#

Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:50 pm

Site Admin

First, leave the sync cord plugged into the light and remove the CSR+ end. On this end, take a paper clip or similar and short the inner contact to the out contact. If this doesn't make it flash it's not the CSR+ . . . more likely the sync jack on the Bee is not making reliable contact. This tends to happen, especially if there is any weight pulling down on the sync cord at the Bee end.

Use the old "kick the jukebox" routine . . . hold the CST in one hand and keep firing it while you wiggle the Bee end of the cord (with other end attached to the CSR+) (all of this assumes you are using the 1/8" sync jack and not the telephone style remote control jack.

Here's another test . . . plug in the telephone style remote cord and see if it fires this way (this will take over the power setting so you can't use it this way without Cyber Commander) But see if doing it this way will fire the unit at some arbitrary power level established by the CSR+. Let us know . . . Dr Luap will probably be on and off the forum on Christmas.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]