Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 9 posts ] 

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:16 am

I have 2 B1600s and 2 B400s. And up until a week ago all was going fine. Then last week I noticed three of the lights no longer tracked with the modeling lamp. No matter what I did: power off/on; swapped power cords; changed wired connections; ran up to full power and back down nothing got the other three to track.

I am concerned this is a precursor of other issues.

Any thoughts?
Jim

Top Top

#

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:01 pm

Site Admin

Are you using remotes? If so, will the lights track without them, and which remotes? If not using remotes, is the "track" button pushed in?

Top Top

#

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Site Admin

jsklinger wrote:
I have 2 B1600s and 2 B400s. And up until a week ago all was going fine. Then last week I noticed three of the lights no longer tracked with the modeling lamp. No matter what I did: power off/on; swapped power cords; changed wired connections; ran up to full power and back down nothing got the other three to track.

I am concerned this is a precursor of other issues.

Any thoughts?
Jim

Did you push in the Model Track button?

Top Top

#

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Technical Support wrote:
Are you using remotes? If so, will the lights track without them, and which remotes? If not using remotes, is the "track" button pushed in?

Yes, the TRACK button is pushed in. I am using the LG4X wired remote and the tracking feature does not work with that either.

I am a little concerned as I need to purchase another four light set and all the accessories. But with this issue and the failure of another light after 1 month after purchase I am a little leery to invest in more of the lights.
Jim

Top Top

#

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:21 am

Site Admin

Just so I am clear, the lights do not track from the back panel (with the telephone cord removed) when the Track button is pushed in. Additionally, the lights will not track from the LG4X? Or is the issue happenng only when the telephone cords are plugged in? Are you using the original cords, or replacement cords?

Top Top

#

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:06 am

Technical Support wrote:
Just so I am clear, the lights do not track from the back panel (with the telephone cord removed) when the Track button is pushed in. Additionally, the lights will not track from the LG4X? Or is the issue happenng only when the telephone cords are plugged in? Are you using the original cords, or replacement cords?

Just to make sure we are on the same track, 3 of the 4 lights do not track and 1 does. You are correct - Lights do not track from the back panel with or without the telephone cable plugged in. Cables are the original. Correct, 3 of the 4 lights do not track with the LG4X. One light does track. Also, swapping telephone cables has no impact.

Top Top

#

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:50 am

Site Admin

Try swapping outlets to see if the issue persists. You can use the outlet the working light is using. Also, take the working light and plug it into the outlets used by the other lights. Do this without the LG4X or phone cables first. This will give us a base line of where the problem lies.

Top Top

#

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:18 pm

Technical Support wrote:
Try swapping outlets to see if the issue persists. You can use the outlet the working light is using. Also, take the working light and plug it into the outlets used by the other lights. Do this without the LG4X or phone cables first. This will give us a base line of where the problem lies.

OK, I swapped the cords, outlets and all the same. The light that has always tracked continued to track and the lights that did not track before still do not track.

Thanks for all your time, I do appreciate it.

Top Top

#

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Site Admin

It does seem to be in the lights them selves. I have sent an email to you at the address used for the last order.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 9 posts ]