Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:52 am

My first phhoto shoot using the Cyber Commander, CST, CSXCVs, and 3 Einsteins; sometimes when checking all 3 lights I will get a light reading that shows something like

"f--"

No values at all. The individual lights show values, but not when I check ALL. This only happened occasionally. Once when it repeatedly did this, the unit momentailily went to a solid screen with text (black & white).

I'm a newbie to all of this. That's probably the problem!!

Top Top

#

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:41 am

Site Admin

f.-- means there was not an attempted reading on "all" channels. if you meter individual channels, you will get individual light's readings. If mre than one light falls on any given surface, you will have an additive amount of light. Individual meterings will give you ratios, while the All channel will give you an aggregate reading, and is what your camera's settign should be based on. If the unit reboots, it may lose the aggregate reading, yeilding an
"f--" reading.

As to the screen going black with white text, that is the unit rebooting, and i am investigating that now. Be sure you are using fresh alkaline or lithium bateries (not rechargeable ones) to minimize this.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]