Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 65 posts ] 

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:53 am

Site Admin

shetab wrote:
so, it's not any way to access 1/320 or 1/640 ... by PCB accessories ?
Thanks

Correct.

Top Top

#

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Dear "Technical support" - So what you are saying is that the "high speed sync" feature of the Godox flashes is a feature of their long flash duration?

If I want to freeeze movement in daylight I would be better served by the Godox at 1/8000 or 1/4000 of a second?

Or should I stay with Einstein? I can't keep thinking that if I want to freeze movement in daylight outdoors (while underexposing the sky in the background), I'd be better served by short shutter speed?

Please tell me I'm wrong as the Einstein/Vagabond package is mightily tempting :-)

Top Top

#

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:50 pm

Site Admin

mbrakes wrote:
Dear "Technical support" - So what you are saying is that the "high speed sync" feature of the Godox flashes is a feature of their long flash duration?

If I want to freeeze movement in daylight I would be better served by the Godox at 1/8000 or 1/4000 of a second?

Or should I stay with Einstein? I can't keep thinking that if I want to freeze movement in daylight outdoors (while underexposing the sky in the background), I'd be better served by short shutter speed?

Please tell me I'm wrong as the Einstein/Vagabond package is mightily tempting :-)

It really depends on what Godox flash you are talking about. BUT, all high speed sync involves a long enough flash duration to open and close the shutter.

Freezing movement in high ambient light is tricky. The flash at x-sync may freeze the flash lit parts, but parts lit by the ambient could still blur. If you use High Speed Sync, or any related technique, you get reduced effective power from the flash.

If freezing movement in bright light is an important part of your photography, then you may want to invest in a camera capable of syncing at higher speeds. This could mean using a 7-8 year old D70 or using a newer Fuji.

Top Top

#

Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:44 pm

Hi Technical Support,

I'm sorry if this has been answered already (I did skim through this whole thread and couldn't find anything specific).

Basically all I'd like to figure out is what remote controls I need to get the fastest sync speeds that are possible with a Canon 5D MkII and the Einstein/AB B800. I know the FAQ states the following about the CyberSync:

"It can sync up to 1/2500 second on capable cameras and flash units. Most modern DSLR cameras max around 1/160 - 1/250 second, either with a sync cord or with a CyberSync™ component."

So I'm left wondering where the 5DII maxes out with the CyberSync?

I'd like to be able to kill the majority of ambient light in the middle of the day and depend mostly on an SHOBD/AB800 combo while still using a huge aperture (like f/1.2 if I can get it all the way open). Is this possible with any PCB transmitters/receivers on the 5DII, and if not, is there anything out there that would work?

Thank you for your help.

Top Top

#

Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:58 pm

Site Admin

It's not the CyberSyinc that limits sync speed . . . it's the camera. This is standard operation for all DSLR cameras without a Leaf or Electronic shutter. Most max out beyound about 1/250 second, whether sync cord or radio trigger.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 65 posts ]