Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:44 am

Hi - I have just bought 2 Einsteins 640 from a Friend of mine (since deceased.. so cannot ask him) one of them the fan is on all the time, the other it is not. None of documentation I have found tells me if this is ok. Do the fans work all the time ... and therefore I have an issues with one, or do they turn on when needed?

Only testing them at the moment and no model lamps on - any advice on what I should do please? I do not want to break the one without the fan running ...

Thanks a lot in advance - a Paul Buff novice :?

Peter

Top Top

#

Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:39 am

pduce wrote:
Hi - I have just bought 2 Einsteins 640 from a Friend of mine (since deceased.. so cannot ask him) one of them the fan is on all the time, the other it is not. None of documentation I have found tells me if this is ok. Do the fans work all the time ... and therefore I have an issues with one, or do they turn on when needed?

Only testing them at the moment and no model lamps on - any advice on what I should do please? I do not want to break the one without the fan running ...

Thanks a lot in advance - a Paul Buff novice :?

Peter

As I recall, the Einstein fan used to run all the time. This was changed in one of the firmware updates such that the fan only comes on when the unit reaches some temperature threshold. Take a look at the firmware versions to see if they're the same. Updates can be downloaded from the Buff website.

Top Top

Website

#

Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:32 am

I assume, like BIC, that the Firmware might be different: Version 29 changed the fan function, as to only run, when needed. See here:

http://www.paulcbuff.com/fw-e640-history.php

Top Top

#

Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:22 am

Site Admin

Yes the E640 fan is constant once the unit is switched ON. However, from FW29 to present the fan is constant with variable speeds based temperature.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]