Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:36 am

Ok I have the Paul C. Buff CyberSync receiver / trigger.
They work fine.

Is it possible to get my Sekonic L-358 with the rt flash module to somehow fire the Paul C. Buff CyberSync receiver using the sekonic's own rt-32fcc transmitter module?

I've been trying but not having any luck?

What is the trick to making this sekonic unit to work with this system?

[The only way I have been getting around this problem is to remove the trigger off the camera and plug it into the light meter and then walk around testing the background lighting]

Would rather just have the sekonic fire the flashes..

Top Top

#

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:19 am

Site Admin

the rt-32fcc is a PocketWizard compatabile product, it will not work with any other radio remote. The only two ways to trigger the CyberSync system from the light meter is by removing the CST and plugging that into the light meter, or by putting the light meter in the cordless mode. and manually tripping the CST. Pocket Wizard and Sekonic have a distribution partner ship, thus the exclusivity in the module.

TS

Top Top

#

Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:48 pm

thank you for the quick reply.
Kind of sucks that sekonic had to do that.
What I did was just order and buy another one of your triggers and will tape it to the side or back of the sakonic light meter and use the little wire to make the two work together.

I would rather pay for your trigger than have to deal with the over priced pocketwizzards.

I believe the pocket wizzards are way way way over priced and I for one am not going to buy one.

Top Top

#

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:00 pm

I dont see how the Pocket Wizards are anymore proprietary than Paul C. Buff Inc's system... but today compared to Buffs wireless products they are rather pricey (it wasnt the case when I first bought into PW, they where WAY ahead of there time)

I wish Sekonic would see the potential profit in making a chip for Buffs receivers (everywhere I look I see Bee's now :) ) but I guess they are more afraid loosing even more ground in the wireless front (even less PW sales)

My question is, would it be possible (and legal) for Paul Buff Inc to make a trigger chip that will fit in back of Sekonic meters? I for one would easily spend $100 on it.

As much as I want to switch to Buffs triggers and receivers (Even more with the Einstein's due out soon) I cant see loosing the trigger/meter system I use now.

Top Top

Website

#

Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:51 am

Site Admin

The SB Image wrote:
I dont see how the Pocket Wizards are anymore proprietary than Paul C. Buff Inc's system... but today compared to Buffs wireless products they are rather pricey (it wasnt the case when I first bought into PW, they where WAY ahead of there time)

I wish Sekonic would see the potential profit in making a chip for Buffs receivers (everywhere I look I see Bee's now :) ) but I guess they are more afraid loosing even more ground in the wireless front (even less PW sales)

My question is, would it be possible (and legal) for Paul Buff Inc to make a trigger chip that will fit in back of Sekonic meters? I for one would easily spend $100 on it.

As much as I want to switch to Buffs triggers and receivers (Even more with the Einstein's due out soon) I cant see loosing the trigger/meter system I use now.

None of the wireless triggers are code-compatible - PW, Skyport, Poverty Wizards, Profoto Air, etc.

If you're contemplating Einstein and Cyber Commander, the Seconic will become dead weight 99% of the time. CC not only meters and groups 16 separate lights, it displays all meter readings and allows you to adjust individual lights and bracket ALL or a group at a time directly in f stops without re- metering.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]