Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:06 pm

I just got my new pocket Wizard Plus II in the mail so i ran to radio shack to pick up a 1/8 to 1/8 mono cable to fire this thing and i can't seem to get it to fire and with it plugged in the slave is off like it should i just never fires with the PW. Help did i buy a junk cable?

Yes its a Mono cable yes i tried another PW non of them will fire this thing. Am i doing something wrong?

Top Top

#

Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:44 am

Is your PW receiver set to the same channel as your transmitter? Fresh batteries?Will the test button work on your receiver when its connected to the B800?

The next guess would be a bunk wire, I use some radio Shack mono plugs and they work so its not the brand or type.. maybe just a bad one.

There are a couple switches on the PW you need to have set correctly and they do not play well with rechargeable batteries.

Although probably a very slim chance but maybe there is something screwy with the strobe, do you have access to any other flash that uses 1/8 mini mono plugs?

All you can do is try to eliminate the variables till you find the bad link

Top Top

Website

#

Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:47 am

i plugged in the cable the came with the b800 and was able to get it to pop the flash by shorting out the contacts. it should work the same way with the mono end cable. it dosnt i will try a new cable tomorrow and see what happens. if all else fails i will just order the cable from PW

Top Top

#

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:02 am

Site Admin

You probably have an attenuated cable. These dont work with your combo. Exchange it for a non attenuated version (42-2420 *should* work). Additionally, we carry the appropriate cable (CSSC)

TS

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]