Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Hello,
I am going to order an B800 but need to know what else I should order your help would be greatly appreciated!!

I want to use the alien bee along with my 2 sb-600's. I have a nikon d80 so no pc port...Do I need the hot shoe adapter and do I need to order radio transmitters as well?

I want to do some portraits on a white background, I will use the speedlights as the background lights and the B800 as my main..

What do I need to fire all at the same time? It's my understanding I can use CLS as long as the flashes are in M, right?

If that's the case all I need to order is the alienbee? I will be upgrading to a d300s in the next few months as well so will have a pc port soon. Would I need the hot shoe adapter in the meantime?

Eventually I will get some Cybersyncs or PW but am just trying to figure out what I should order at this point. I am trying to spend as little as possible at the moment but will be ordering one ab800 a month for the next 3 months! lol

Top Top

#

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:06 pm

anybody?

Top Top

#

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:48 pm

I dont mix flashes and strobes but I found this video that looks like it explains it pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUaaI1gCD1M

Top Top

Website

#

Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:27 am

Site Admin

I cannot specifically answer the CLS in manul mode thing, though I would be suspect, as even in maual mode, it is possible that communication flashes could interfere (though i could be wrong). Ideally, I would have a CyberSync transmitter and 3 CyberSync recievers. However, if budget is the bigges concern, a hotshoe adapter for the sync cord, and accessory optical slaves for the SB600's. (see www.flashzebra.com). Once you upgrade, i would still skip the CLS even if the Bee is connected via sync cord.

TS

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]