Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 10 posts ] 

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:04 pm

My problem is that it seems to heavy to stay mounted on my lights. I get it mounted and if I try to adjust light position it falls off very easy. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?

Top Top

#

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:08 pm

Site Admin

Are you ensuring all four fingers are inside the speed ring? Additionally, how old are the lights?

TS

Top Top

#

Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:28 pm

I have a similar problem with my WL1600 Unit after attaching the softbox it begins to tilt down slowly - I also received more washers (from tech support) to apply on unit and have attached them and still having the same issue. I purchased the unit around 3 months ago , what should be the next step in resolving this issue ?

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:21 am

gdykstra wrote:
My problem is that it seems to heavy to stay mounted on my lights. I get it mounted and if I try to adjust light position it falls off very easy. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?

Yes I have the same problem.

The softbox will fall off of the light with the slightest bump or adjustment. Happens all the time, has fallen on clients--when I dare use it, I have to warn them ahead of time. I always make sure all four fingers are in, but it doesnt seem to make a difference. Nor does it seem to matter which of the four lights it is on. It's done it since day one and I bought the softbox at the same time as the light.

It also droops and begins to point down. I will try the washers and reversing the base.

the main isssue is the constant problem of the box jumping off the light. Is there anyway to fix this?

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:32 pm

Site Admin

Clarence- we are working on a new corrective measure for the X series on the drooping that should be available soon. It has proven to be much more secure. Please email us at info@paulcbuff.com, direct the email to David, and request the corrective parts. Once the parts are available, we will get them to you.

Fenix- what lights are you using, and how long have you had them?

TS

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Glad you guys are working on this. I have not had any trouble with the Giant Softbox on my 1600s, but I would be much more comfortable with a beefier attachment also.

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:50 pm

Technical Support wrote:

Fenix- what lights are you using, and how long have you had them?

TS

Thanks for getting back to me. I have an AB1600, an AB800, and two AB400s. I've had them one to two years.

Top Top

#

Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Site Admin

If the box is seated fully over all four fingers, and the box is pulling off the light(s), then the head(s) may need to come in for service to the springs. As for the drooping on an Alien Bee, this is rare, but an additional washer typically solves that issue. If the light(s) are less than 2 years old, then the service and return shipping to within the US is covered. When you send it in, note the each of the problems you are having, to ensure both are addressed.

TS

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:39 pm

My lights and softbox were purchased all within the past 8 months. It does not matter what light I put it on though I usually have it mounted to one of my three AB1600s. I also have a AB800 and AB400. So is there a solution to this problem? If so, do the lights have to be sent back?

Thanks,

Glen Dykstra

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:38 pm

Site Admin

If it is falling off the fingers, the lights would have to come in. The springs would have to be adjusted or replaced. Again, the repair and shipping back to you in the US is covered.

TS

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 10 posts ]