Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 16 posts ] 

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:42 am

Hi Shine.

Apologies if you have not received a reply from us, I do not appear to have received your emails. We are committed to replying to all emails. Did you lodge an online enquiry or was it direct. Please find our contact details below:-

info@paulcbuff.com.au
Tel: 1300 731125

Colin.

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:00 am

Luap wrote:
I'll forward this thread to Colin in Australia myself tonight.

Regarding buying Einstein system in pieces, you can start with Einstein(s) and Transceiver(s) and a CST. This will give you reliable radio triggering but you'll have to make adjustments at the lights. At any time later you can add CyberCommander and have full remote control, metering, groups, etc..

You won't regret buying the CST because the preferred way of using Cyber Commander is to augment it with a CST . . . leave the CST on your camera for shooting and carry the CC in a pouch so you don't have to take it off your camera to do incident metering and composition.

Thank you so much Luap. Highly appreciated this... :)

I really love to have the systems, but then again have to considering my budgeting... :( Hope to be able to buy them in near future... :))

I'm really happy to join in this forum. Never before I see owner himself replying to a thread other than in this forum and give update on what they are doing. To tell you the truth, I have not own any of your light yet. But with your services towards your customers, I'm hooked. I'm determine to own your lights now, starting with Einstein... :)) Keep up your great works Luap!! :Thumbsup:

Top Top

Website

#

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:15 am

Colin Smith wrote:
Hi Shine.

Apologies if you have not received a reply from us, I do not appear to have received your emails. We are committed to replying to all emails. Did you lodge an online enquiry or was it direct. Please find our contact details below:-

info@paulcbuff.com.au
Tel: 1300 731125

Colin.

Hi Colin,

It's great to finally hear from you. Sorry, been busy lately and can only reply to you now.

Well, I did inquired online and thru direct email. Sent one too thru info@paulcbuff.com and have them forwarded to you (TS' suggestion... :)) But all I got was automate responses. Here are the response:

Sun, January 31, 2010 1:34:48 AM (response date received)
Quote:
1st Line Digital Pty Ltd <info@paulcbuff.com.au>
View Contact
To: shine_xxxxxxxx@yahoo.com
Confirmation of receipt of your enquiry

Thank you for enquiry with 1st Line Digital Pty Ltd regarding:
Product Name: Einstein
Product SKU: Einstein
Product Link: https://paulcbuff.com.au/cms/index.php? ... 9&Itemid=1

We will contact you soon regarding your enquiry.
(Please do not reply to this email)

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

Wed, February 3, 2010 2:17:26 AM (response date received)
Quote:
"info@paulcbuff.com.au" <info@paulcbuff.com.au>
View Contact
To: shine_xxxxxxxx@yahoo.com
Thank you for visiting paulcbuff.com.au the new Australian & New Zealand Home for Paul C Buff products including Alien Bees, Cybersync and PLM.

Your enquiry has been received and will be dealt with as soon as possible.

1st Line Digital Pty Ltd are the Authorised Australian Representative for Paul C Buff in Australia & New Zealand.

1st Line Digital Pty Ltd
2/15 Hook Street
Capalaba
Qld 4157

Tel: 1300 73 11 25

And the one sent thru info@paulcbuff.com was dated Fri, February 5, 2010 12:53:06 AM

It is unfortunate you didn't received my emails... :( Maybe you should check your email system, maybe something wrong there and prevented you from receiving emails.

I'll send another email to you (info@paulcbuff.com.au) right away. Hope you get it this time.

I just wanted to pre-order Einstein, and asking about overseas shipping.

Oh well, since we are all here, I might just ask ahead. Einstein required 8.5' High Output Reflector, but since I cant find it in your site, Will you have it ready to be purchase together with the Einstein?

Thanks in advance...

Kind Regards,

I. Eden
Shine Photography & Design Studio

Top Top

Website

#

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:35 am

Colin,

I have sent the email to the address you gave me. In case something really prevented you to received it, I have also cc to info@paulcbuff.com.

Here is the automate response I received right away:
Quote:
Paul C Buff Australia
Thu, February 11, 2010 1:21:00 PM
"info@paulcbuff.com.au" <info@paulcbuff.com.au>
View Contact
To: shine_xxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com
Thank you for visiting paulcbuff.com.au the new Australian & New Zealand Home for Paul C Buff products including Alien Bees, Cybersync and PLM.

Your enquiry has been received and will be dealt with as soon as possible.

1st Line Digital Pty Ltd are the Authorised Australian Representative for Paul C Buff in Australia & New Zealand.

1st Line Digital Pty Ltd
2/15 Hook Street
Capalaba
Qld 4157

Tel: 1300 73 11 25

Please tell me if you are able to received it or not. If you cant received it, maybe you should really check your email system. Something might be very wrong there. Not every International buyer know & join this forum thus posting here to let you know....

Kind Regards,

I. Eden
Shine Photography & Design Studio

Top Top

Website

#

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:09 am

Site Admin

Shine,
To clarify, the Einstein does not "require" the 8.5 reflector, it is only suggested if you need a standard reflector. If you will be using softboxes or the PLM at all times, or shoot exlusively sports, then a different reflector or no reflector would be needed. I know this is semantics, but we don't want you think you need something you may not use.

And while i am not an authorative voice on what Colin will carry and when, I would expect the 8.5HOR's to be available with the Einsteins.

TS

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Thank you TS for the insight. :D

I mainly shoot portraits, families, kids/babies, pets, sometime fashions. I didn't shoot sports. :) Sometimes I shoot indoor, sometimes outdoor in surrounding areas. But now I'm going out to where the clients want. That is why I'm looking for a light that are powerful enough, and yet light weight enough to to break my bones... :) At first I was looking for sunpak 120J, but since the price now are ridiculously ridiculous (according to me) and plus mostly only ship within US, I change to dig deeper into AB. Ever since I read about Einstein and what an Excellent Customer Services PCB offers - I'm going to get Einsteins instead. :)

Normally I use umbrellas, soft boxes, grids, strip lights, beauty disc... Only once in a while to go bare bulb. Do I need the 8.5' HOR with my kind of shoot? Love to lay my hands on the octas and PLM someday though... ;)

Top Top

Website

Post a reply
 [ 16 posts ]