Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:46 pm

I had a setup of one ABR800, an AB1600 and an AB800 on my cyber commander. I was metering the lights just fine and setting the values I wanted. However, I hit the meter button again to check some new values and it appeared that all 3 units fired and the cyber commander went blank, as if completely dead. It did not respond to power button or anything.

I removed the batteries, shorted the battery contacts with some scissors I had handy and replaced the batteries. The unit did come back on with some more attempts. This occurred again later in the day and took several minutes of reproducing the weird steps I had followed earlier. Any ideas on what is going on here or what a more proper reset method would be when the unit appears to have committed suicide? Has this behavior been noted before?

Top Top

Website

#

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:01 am

Site Admin

Likely by removing the SD card, the CC should come back on. If reinserting the card turns it back off, the CC can still be used without the card, albeit without access to saved set ups. We are working on FW that should address this.

TS

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]