Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:35 am

right now i only have 1 calumet travelite 750. i don't shoot much studio stuff, but i'm trying to plan ahead. if i expand my set up, i would like to start by adding a b1600. however, i would like a wireless triggering system that is compatible with both my travelite and the ab. i know my travelite accepts a 1/4" mono and the alien bees are 1/8", right? so i'm guessing i would need an adapter (either step up or step down.) my travelite has a 'photo cell' and the alien bees have a 'slave tripper.' same thing? so, taking all of this into consideration - is it possible to purchase one wireless triggering system that will allow me to use either light as a master (or slave)?

Top Top

#

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:56 pm

get the CST and the cyber triggers they sell here. I have pocketwizards and they are fine, but I LOVE the fact this receiver is cheaper and comes with every possible plug I can imagine! I use it on my speedlights, beez, normans, and a few other monoblocks we have at the studio. works like a charm and I love having more than 4 channels.

Top Top

Website

#

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:10 am

Site Admin

All CyberSybc recievers ship with three cords, all have a miniphone (1/8) connection on one end. One cord has a miniphone connection on the other end (for our Bees, and other lights with the same jack), one has a 1/4 plug (for our White Lightning and Zeus lights, and others as well) and one with a PC connection, for use with many speedlights. No adapter is needed.

TS

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]