Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ] 

Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:33 pm

My cyber commander consistently blinks Low Batt. I have changed the batteries several times. Any suggestions? I am not using rechargeable batteries.

Top Top

#

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:46 pm

Site Admin

What do you have the time out and backlight set to? Also, what brand of batteries are you using?

TS

Top Top

#

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:12 am

I have not changed the time-out on the backlight from the default factory setting. I have tried the supplied batteries, as wells as, Duracell, and Energizer. I have tried multiples of each battery brand. Each time I put the batteries in the Low Batt will flash immediately once powered on.

Also, I have notice that the order I put the batteries in seems to make a difference if the unit will turn on. If I put the inner battery in first then the outer, it won't turn on. However, if I put the outer in first it will turn on.

Thanks...

Top Top

#

Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:29 am

I have also had this problem.
I had used the supplied batteries for about an hour and it came up flashing "low battery"
then within about half an hour of using duracells it comes up again "low battery"??

Top Top

#

Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:13 am

Try a set of lithium AAA batteries. The CC seems to be very sensitive to minimum voltage, and the lithium batteries deliver their lifetime current contribution at a voltage level that seems to match the CC's appetite better than any alternative battery chemistry. Alkaline cells can still work in a pinch, which is nice, but the CC seems to be a poster child for the light weight, low volume, and high energy availability of AAA lithium battery cells.

As a bonus, lithium cells offer a no-load shelf life of 10-15 years without serious capacity loss, and can handle temperature extremes that send alkaline cells running for cover as a matter of course.

It's worth a try, no?

Voyager

Top Top

#

Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:22 am

Site Admin

I tested with AAA lithiums at 20% screen brightness and got 16 hours of continuous LCD-On time. With Alkalines and high screen brightness the LCD on-time is vastly reduced from this.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ]