Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:28 pm

Hello,
i'm french and i've already a 220V AC version of an AB400.

I would like to buy the vagabond II but, only US plug AB flash are compatible with this battery.

Before buy several US flash (it's a pain to plug the converter everytime), do you know a trick that will enable me to plug my 220V AB400 on the Vagabond II ?

Thanks a lot.

Top Top

#

Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:40 am

Site Admin

obturations wrote:
Hello,

I would like to buy the vagabond II but, only US plug AB flash are compatible with this battery.

Before buy several US flash (it's a pain to plug the converter everytime), do you know a trick that will enable me to plug my 220V AB400 on the Vagabond II ?

Thanks a lot.

Sorry - we don't have enough demand to make a 240V Vagabond. Either buy an Innovatronics 240V inverter or wait a few weeks for Einstein and sell your Bees.

Top Top

#

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Luap wrote:
obturations wrote:
Hello,

Thanks a lot.

Sorry - we don't have enough demand to make a 240V Vagabond. Either buy an Innovatronics 240V inverter or wait a few weeks for Einstein and sell your Bees.

Thanks, but with 1 einstein i have 2 Bees. i cant found a 240V Innovatronics do you have a link please or a store name ;-)

and i can also buy 110V bees, with a 220V converter in solo or throught the vagabond ?

If i always use the vagabond II as a 220V inverter, what about the battery life ?

Top Top

#

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Site Admin

http://www.innovatronix.com/prodindex.asp?offset=5

To use a VII to convert power, you will not be able to (should not) use the modeling lamps. If running off battery only, with 2 B800's, you can expect 575 flashes. If you are running the light from the VII, which is also plugged in to the mains, there will not be a battery issue, as long as you are not rapidly firing for long periods (draining the battery faster than it can recharge).

TS

Top Top

#

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Technical Support wrote:
http://www.innovatronix.com/prodindex.asp?offset=5

To use a VII to convert power, you will not be able to (should not) use the modeling lamps. If running off battery only, with 2 B800's, you can expect 575 flashes. If you are running the light from the VII, which is also plugged in to the mains, there will not be a battery issue, as long as you are not rapidly firing for long periods (draining the battery faster than it can recharge).

TS

Thanks a lot ! i will order soon on your website.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]