Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:11 pm

Hello,

I am a long time user of WL lights, who recently sold my Ultra 1800's in anticipation of the new Einstein lights.

I realize that the new Cyber Commander will provide much more control when used with Einstein lights, however I was wondering if it would be possible to create a workaround or adapter to use the Einsteins with the older telephone style plug devices?

I ask because I have a couple of the older 4 Chanel wired remotes, but more importantly I had wanted to use the Einsteins in a Radio Popper system. Radio Poppers can fire and adjust power on all previous WL/AB lights with the telephone plug style interface I believe... While the Cyber Commander would be great for most uses, it would be nice to use the Radio Poppers with Nikon iTTL Speedlights, and still be able to fire and control a newer PCB light.

I was also wondering if you had teamed with Radio Poppers to bring about the previous compatibility, or if they had just reverse engineered it? If you had worked together, are there any plans in the works to update Radio Poppers to your new system?

Thanks

Top Top

#

Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Site Admin

There is no means of using an RJ11 jack with the Einsteins as the digital interface is far superior. We did not collaborate with Radio Poppers.

TS

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]