Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:12 am

I have a Canon Xti, a speedlite 430ex and a microsync remote. I ordered the adaptor from alien bees so that I could plug it up to the receiver. Radio shack did not have the converter cable I wanted. The cable system I have is 1/4 male to 1/4 female and then a small 1/8 converter.

I have everything plugged up and followed the instructions via Microsync for trouble shooting. The dang thing still won't work. The test flash will fire. I am wondering if it could possibly be this crazy cord conversion. How do you see what 'channel' your camera is set on? Thanks for any and all advice.

Top Top

#

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:03 am

Site Admin

The adapters very well could be at fault. Also, the camera itself should not need to hae a channel, rather a transmitter would have the channel or frequency. This would go into the hotshoe. I am not familiar with the MicroSync system well enough to trouble shoot. Also, make sure the flash is in M-mode and not in slave mode.

TS

Top Top

#

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:07 am

Thanks again for the help. The speedlite is in manual and I figured out the channel thing. I can't understand why the test shot will fire but the camera won't fire it. Perhaps I should call micro sync today.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]