Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 16 posts ] 

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:08 am

Sorry if this is OOT,

Hi all... I'm new member here, and this is my first post... :) Glad to meet you all... :)

Is the Paul C. Buff Australia still operates? I have sent some emails to them about pre-ordering Einstein, but got no responses except the automatic response.

Really interested in buying some Einstein.... :roll:

King Luap, a little confirmation please... :)

Top Top

Website

#

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:32 am

Site Admin

Paul C Buff Australia is still our international distributor. Sorry you have not received a response from them. However, if you send us an email, to Lori's attention, we will forward it to Australia, to be sure he receives it.

info@paulcbuff.com

TS

Top Top

#

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Wow... This is fast... Thanks a lot TS! ;)

I will send email to you.

But since I'm here, I'll ask some questions, if it's alright... :)

Is Einstein speedring the same as AlienBess' ?

Top Top

Website

#

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:16 pm

Site Admin

the front interface will use the same modifiers, i.e. speedrings, beauty dishes, ect., though the mount is redesigned

TS

Top Top

#

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:26 pm

So it means we can buy AB speedring and use them with Einstein right?

Another question, does CSXCV Transceiver have to be purchased together with the unit or can i order it in later purchase?

Well, I'm very excited! Can't wait to lay my hands on Einstein! Maybe I'll probably be 1st person to try and use Einstein in my country... :lol:

Thanks again...

I. Eden

Top Top

Website

#

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:55 pm

Site Admin

Yes, if you buy our speed ring, it will work with any of our lights, including Einstein (the only exceptions being the very old 10,000 and 5000 lights).

The CSXCV can be ordered at any time, though buying with the light would entitle you to the accessory discount. The light will work via a standard sync cord, optical trigger, or radio remote connected via the sync jack.

TS

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:04 pm

Thanks for the answer TS! I have sent my email to the email you gave above. Hope can hear back from PCB Australia via you. :)

The CSXCV and Commander are very tempting... But one have to take one step at a time, doesn't it? :) Have many radio trigger laying around in my studio, and I'll get the CSXCV & CC when mine decided to quit on me... :D

Gotta think about my cash flow first and have to hold myself, otherwise. I'll end up buying too many things. CC, CSXCV, The Oktas, The PLM, etc.... : :lol:

Can the accessory discount kept for my next purchase of CSXCVs please... ? :roll:

Top Top

Website

#

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Site Admin

You will have to pose the discount question to the sales department, once you are able to reach them.

TS

Top Top

#

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:24 am

Ok TS, I will... :)

Well let's see how long does it take for them to reply my emails. Until now, still no reply... zilt... zero... nada... just nothing... :(

Top Top

Website

#

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:27 pm

Site Admin

I'll forward this thread to Colin in Australia myself tonight.

Regarding buying Einstein system in pieces, you can start with Einstein(s) and Transceiver(s) and a CST. This will give you reliable radio triggering but you'll have to make adjustments at the lights. At any time later you can add CyberCommander and have full remote control, metering, groups, etc..

You won't regret buying the CST because the preferred way of using Cyber Commander is to augment it with a CST . . . leave the CST on your camera for shooting and carry the CC in a pouch so you don't have to take it off your camera to do incident metering and composition.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 16 posts ]