Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:13 am

I'm a newbie so looking for some assistance on what I might be doing wrong as I learn how to use my cybersyncs. Using Canon 580EX II and 430EXII, Canon 5dmii, and cybersync CST and CSRBs. When in AV mode with longer shutter speed, the flashes fire multiple times - about every 10 or so seconds and not necessarily at the same time. The initial flash is OK but wondering why the flashes repeat and not necessarily at the same time? I did look at my speedlight instructions and I do not have the flashes set to multi and they are set to M (manual) for 1/16 power in the case of last nights issue. What am I missing/doing wrong?

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:18 am

Hmmm.... have you accidentally turn on high sync mode in your flashes?

Top Top

Website

#

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:55 am

Site Admin

if the shutter stays open, the cst will fire once initially, then again once every 9 seconds. As to why they are not firng together, that is new to me. Will they fire together some, but othertimes not?

TS

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:58 am

I don't believe I turned on the high-speed accidently - but I'll check tonight.

As for the 2nd reply on the "every 9 seconds" - could be that my 430EX can't keep up with the frequency. Is there anyway to NOT have it repeat?

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Site Admin

There is no way to keep it from firing again in 9 seconds. The 430 should be able to recycle to 1/16 in 9 seconds. The only thing i can think of to check regarding the non simultaneous triggering is that the speedlites are not in master or slave modes, also make sure the recievers are not in repeater mode (multiple rapid blinking green LED on the reciever)

TS

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]