Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:28 am

Hello,

I just received a pair of Einstein lights last week (my first studio lights) and have a question that I can not find an answer to in any of the user manuals or online.

I have the lights set up in a small room and I have noticed after making power adjustments using the Cyber Commander and Cybersync CSXCV unit that the lights will occasionally fire off a series of rapid fire flashes with no input from me or the camera shutter.

I assumed it was possibly a built up charge in the capacitor or interference from the WIFI router in the other room or the TV in the same room as the lights and I thought I could negate this by I tripping the test button to release any charge, I have also changed frequencies in the lights and turned the TV off, all have had no impact. Both lights are on V50 firmware and I do not use the modelling lamps in either light.

Any ideas on why this is happening or how I can prevent it would certainly be appreciated.

Top Top

#

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:15 am

Site Admin

If both lights are firing simultaneously, and you have verified the slave eyes are still off (verified on the flash, and after the triggering event happens), then I would suspect a Cyber Commander issue.

Given the nature of Cyber Commander, there may be a series of trouble shooting questions, so I would recommend giving us a call to get this sorted.

Top Top

#

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:54 pm

Mine go off from time to time as well, not often enough to be a problem. Its not a big deal. I use a generic plug in trigger.

Top Top

Website

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]